Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cheap Health Insurance is it possible



WOW! Is it just me or do these town hall meetings on
Health care seem to resemble something more like war
protest? Either way it seems to me that the sign in the
photo kind of sums up where we seem to be on this issue.
But it seems to me that the big problem at this point is
that there is no one who is explaining this properly to us.
And I'm sure not many people are reading the thousand
page bill all the way through.
I personally think Obama really needs to assign someone to really break this Health Insurance bill down in as clear and concise way as possible so as to prevent some of the rumors, misunderstandings and flat out lies that are being spread around.
I for one can say I really don't have more than half a clue exactly what or how this plan is going to provide me with health care at this point. I am hopeful it will work I pray it works but at this point I'm just not very clear on it. And I guess maybe I should try to read over the thousand or so pages. And it seems that maybe we all should as important an issue as Health Insurance is, but that's not the way we are as Americans I'm afraid it seems we are all to willing to let someone else skim over it and listen to their thoughts about it.
Kinda like how we hear the book is good but we'll wait for the movie to come out.
But isn't the problem with that what we are seeing played out with some of the emails and commercials that from what I'm learning our giving misleading information about the bill.
A few of them are, 1. There will be a Government death panel to review whether elderly people are worth certain treatments. 2. We will all be paying for public abortions without choice. 3. The Government will have access to our bank accounts without our choice. Now these rumors and statements from what I've researched are just not true. And isn't that what the problem is with waiting for the movie? The movie is usually gonna have a little if the Directors input or changed some by the screen writer so your not getting the original Author's full viewpoints.
So we have the Republicans saying this and the Democrats saying that and this is where the big quagmire comes in. And this is what I as an American must say I am so sick and tired of the stupid political nonsense and infighting. And I get a big feeling so are you my fellow Americans. Affordable Health Insurance is a very important issue for us we all know something needs to be done. I know from my experience in my last job I took the Health Insurance offered by my company mainly because of some dental problems my wife and I have problems which actually cost me a few days of work in fact. I had three levels to choose from the first level didn't include dental the third was just way to expensive so yeah I took the middle plan. Now add a little life insurance some long term disability and that was about $60 a week out of my average paycheck.
Now at the time I took this my wife and I both made average wages. My wife then lost her job so then I was stuck with a plan that had high deductibles the key one $1000 a person for the Dental Insurance per year. And a year wait for what they term pre-existing on the Health Insurance and yet I now couldn't really even afford losing that much of my check. But I now couldn't cancel the policy until November 2009 and this was only December 2008. So there I was I still couldn't use the Dental Insurance because I don't have a $1000 laying around and only a few things in the Medical didn't fall under the pre-existing.
So I now will be starting a new job next week and probably wont take any Health Insurance as I can't really afford to. My new job starts out at a lower wage but without the -$60 a week I'll still be doing better. And so from November 2008 till August 2009 I dished out roughly $2.200 for Insurance I never used and no longer have. And that is one of the big problems among many with our current means of health care if we get it through our Employers and we can't transfer it then if we decide to make a career change we start all over.
Now this is just my story and I know there are many of you out there with stories that make my problem seem pale in comparison. And I think we mostly all agree we need some kind of better plan. And my main reason for this post is just to implore all of you to research Obama's plan as best you can before you blindly dismiss it or shoot it down. Now the following link is one I urge you to check out I got this from a CNN report. Now I understand that we now have a lot of political affiliation going on with our news media but this link offers several other links not specific to CNN and I have checked several of them out and found that they give the true facts of what is or isn't in the health care bill. There is also a link for the actual thousand page bill.
So please get informed before you go to your town meeting or just discuss this at the water cooler. No the facts. And remember the truth and nothing but the whole truth! We can get affordable Health Insurance we must.
Go to www.cnn.com/josh and join me in praying for our Leader's to get this right!


Health Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is welcome.