Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Michael Jackson Memorial gives new perspective on tabloid media.


I as most of you watched the Michael Jackson Memorial/Tribute yesterday. And I must admit there were quite a few times when I kinda got something in my eye. ( O. K. yes I cried )

I think it was one of the most amazing and touching things I've seen in quite awhile. I guess what touched me most is it actually let me see a side of Michael that here to for we haven't really been shown before. And I don't think it was because Michael didn't want us to see, it was because theres no big story for the hound chasing media in a guy who eats KFC and loves to be around children.


And please before you start with any sick jokes or add to this more than it is. Lets just look at these accusations which I think so shamefully shaped the end of Michael's career.

Everyone that knew Michael in any close way when asked about his so called problem with children has stoutly stated that he was in no way guilty of the accusations. People most of us never even knew hung around him. Like one example I heard was Donald Trump . He stated that Michael was always around his children and this echos what I heard numerous others say.
I for one think that if you profiled a pedophile this would not be one of their characteristics. They don't just want to hang around children.


I think Brooke Shields really kinda explained this as she told how her and Michael were friends since a very young age. She told how they had so much in common being child stars and never having a normal childhood. And how every time they hung around they played like two kids and that they always had fun no matter what they did together! And the more I listened to her and so many others speak about this man/child that the media never showed us and it's not that they couldn't show us. It made me really sit and ponder about where our media has gone?


I remember a time when some of the stories on television now used to only be seen in tabloid papers sold at the checkout line in stores. But now those same stories (only actually worse because we all knew most of the tabloid ones were fudged) are headline news. But the sad thing is they take little half truths or use so called source's to make something tragic. Tragic being a keyword here because again I never knew the real Michael Jackson only the horrible rumors. It just makes me feel ashamed. Ashamed to think that somehow we have made the media think that this is what we want?


In a related story. I saw the media catch up with Michael's Ex wife Debbie Rowe and I thought they were bordering on criminal behaviour. They were shouting baited statements at her about whether she was going to fight for her children. Insinuating that if she doesn't she would be some horrible mother or something. One guy actually rammed into her. And now it's almost like they shaped her decision somehow. Because at this point if she doesn't try to get the kids, well we all know those headlines.


I think we need to demand more from our media. We need to check ourselves and when we see a news show on something we know is fudged, or gossip, or tabloid turn the channel. Because that's the bottom line if we keep eating it up they'll keep spoon feeding it to us. And I know some of you got this already and you probably don't watch the news anymore because of it. Here is an interesting article about the media.http://www.religion-online.org/showarticle.asp?title=279


I am just so sad that some of the last part of a wonderful performer, artist, gift from God, and truly talented Human Beings life was shadowed with ridicule and sick jokes. I guess the only thing worse than an ambulance chasing lawyer is an ambulance chasing reporter. And I guess it a shame that we all probably feel like telling Michael we're sorry just a little too late. I really wish I would have known more about him as a son, brother, friend, dad or as Magic Johnson said it. Just a normal Kentucky Fried Chicken eatin kid at heart from little ole Gary, Indiana.


In closing, I for one have been and will be missing the Wonderful Music Michael Jackson was so blessed with creating. May He rest in Peace!


Please leave your comments. I would love to hear from you all. And remember change starts with the man/woman in the mirror!






Celebrities Blogs


1 comment:

Your comment is welcome.