Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dale Earnhardt Jr, top ten Reasons He's Overrated.

jmy8kz4qep








Here we go I'm sure I'll stir up some passionate debate with this one.
And to start let me say this, I in no way dislike Dale Jr, but as a fan of Nascar and other sports. One of which is Boxing and one thing I do hate is when you get these announcers that just go on and on about a guy when he hasn't proven anything yet. Some examples that come to mind are Jeff "left hook" Lacy, Juan " Baby Bull" Diaz, Rocky Juarez, and most recently Victor Ortiz. I know personally after watching all of these guys fight nobodies over several fight cards and listening to the announcers tout them as the next great thing. Until each one got a quick title shot or big fight and bam there they are getting their butts pummeled or just flat out quitting because they were. See I'm a big fan of you can't be named with the best until you do what the best have done or you beat the best.

So on with Jr, these are just 10 reasons I thought about and I'm not ranking in any order.



  1. Obviously his name Earnhardt, but more than just the name otherwise Kyle Petty and John Andretti to name a few would also have been overrated. But Dale Sr, who undoubtedly has the stats to back up his ranking as an all time great.http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/dearnhar00/cup/index.html And when he brought Jr, into the cup series he set Jr, up right just as he did Michael Waltrip. That then led to big expectations.
  2. The loss of Dale Sr, not only the loss but the way the loss occurred. This Led to even more attention on Jr,
  3. The announcers, with most of the announcers being former drivers and most against Dale Sr, they all seemed to leech onto Jr, as if he was the returning Messiah. I can't count how many races I watched listening to some announcer (Darrel Waltrip) go on and on no matter how well or where Jr, was running. I mean O. k. can we leave 25th place and see what the leaders of the race are doing?
  4. Budweiser. This is a no brainer when probably 70% of your fan base consume alcoholic beverages and you win a race and pop the top on a cold one in the winners circle. Well need I say more kinda drums up the fan base "YEEHAW get'r done".
  5. Budweiser. You all know it's against the law to drink and drive right? now I don't personally know how much Jr, drinks and maybe that has nothing to do with his racing the past few years. But when you got a lifetime supply of the product and your on MTV cribs showing off the full bar ( and by bar I'm just saying I've seen smaller bars in some towns I've lived in ) in your basement. Well you might tend to have a few here or there " YEEHAW get'r done".
  6. I watch the races. Without Bud goggles I might add. I mean sometimes his heads just not really in the race. http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/features/02/16/final.turn.dearnhardtjr.bvickers.daytona/index.html
  7. Stats. His stats don't = up to greatness here's a few comparisons

Drv Yr wins top 5's top 10 avg finish

#88 2000 18 87 140 16.3

#48 2002 42 108 167 11.8

#18 2005 15 51 78 16.5

#24 1993 82 256 348 12.3

#17 2000 18 92 168 15.0

#2 2001 19 66 124 17.6

Now all be it some of these guys are great racers. But before you can call Jr, great just look at the stats I mean do you call Matt Kenseth great or Kurt Busch ( both of these guys do have a championship though) but see the numbers just don't = the hype.

8. Dumb mistakes. oops yep I done went and said it. Sometimes he just drives like he's Robbie Gordon. Whoaa down there fellows have another sip of your Bud it will be alright.

9. Dale Sr, I mean let's face it he does have a lot to live up to just look at these stats. http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/dearnhar00/cup/index.html.

10. He's not a rookie. Let's face it this is his 9th season if he's gonna get moving on that all time list it better start soon.

So Now that I concurred with some of you and made a few of ya throw your Bud can at the computer. Your turn to respond. But remember let's try to stay with the facts.

And remember "Don't drink and drive",,,




Automobile Blogs
jmy8kz4qep

1 comment:

  1. I really agree with what your saying..liked Nascar alot better before they added the race for the chase ,seems alittle ufair now,

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is welcome.