Sunday, July 19, 2009

Nature Lovers #1 Must have Book


Besides writing one of my other passions in life, along I'm sure with many of you out there is exploring, enjoying and just taking in nature. Whether it's Creating a sanctuary in my yard to watch from the window in winter. The walk along the path to my favorite fishing spot which is always just as enjoyable as the actual fishing.Zebco Prostaff Baitcast Fishing Rod and Reel Combo - 6'
Abu Garcia Black Max Baitcasting Reel


And trust me when I say I am very serious about my fishing. And as I put in my about me section the Bass fishing here in Oklahoma well if your a fisherman you gotta love it. But that also is part of the nature experience I enjoy so much. Whether it's the fish, the trees, the flowers, the flowing river, creek or stream. From the birds to even the little odd insects you come upon. The unique way each one is shaped, marked or behaves to the way they change or exhibit their colors the songs and strange noises they make. I for one just find myself amazed. But with this amazement comes the curiosity to learn more about what it is I'm seeing, hearing or smelling. Wondering if to touch or taste?


And that leads me to my topic. A little old book I've discovered from Readers Digest called North American Wildlife. It's one of the most valuable, easy to use and truly inexpensive resources I've found that covers a very wide range of plants, animals, insects and more. And it's easy to take along with you anywhere. ( I state this because obviously if your reading this you probably realize that the Internet is a great resource for all of this also ). But normally we don't take the PC or Laptop with us and I find this book is great for that. Whether it's knowing what trees are in your new backyard. Or what that little bug or bird you saw was. I can't say enough about how many times this book has come in handy.
North American Wildlife (revised and updated)
Book of North American Birds


Now this Book was originally published by Readers Digest in 1982 and was revised in 2000. It has some pictures but mostly uses illustrations. But the illustrations are very accurate and have identification capsules for ease of use. The Book also has a dual index one for scientific names and one for common names. It has a habitat symbols, range maps and text blocks for common species and groups. Overall I have just found this Book to be great to have around. I use it over and over as I discover new things.


I am positive that anyone from the Nature Lover to just the common Homeowner would find this book useful.


If you also have this book or want to share any other relative resources or have any questions.
Please feel free to comment:
Dragonfly Garden Bird Feeder

New York Yankees Bird Feeder
Boston Red Sox Bird Feeder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is welcome.